Ok, I am off to Korea for the APAC volleyball tournament. I will be gone on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday of this week. Please be your usual wonderful selves.
- Email me ([email protected]) the rough draft version of your Pages document that has all the writing for your iBook.
- Send your Pages file to someone at ANOTHER table. Have them turn on the track changes feature in Pages and edit your paper. They can give you suggestions in the form of comments and/or correct any mistakes they find.
- Convert that file to a PDF and send it to the person whom you edited AND to me, your teacher.
- Continue to work on and finish your own iBook too. The final, final version is due on Thursday (tomorrow).
- Ask your wonderful substitute to play this grammar video again. One of you may need to plug in your laptop to the big screen for her.
- Students should share with the class their grammar assignment from last night: Write up five sentences that are considered clauses; they have a subject and a verb. Underline the subject and the verb. Post it on your blog.
- Work on and complete this Industrialist Report Card assignment
Wednesday Homework: 1. Finish your iBook. 2. Watch the next grammar video and complete the practice assignment.
- Ask your wonderful substitute to play this grammar video again. One of you may need to plug in your laptop to the big screen for her
- Students should share with the class their assignment from last night: Write out five sentences that are phrases. List if they are missing a subject, a verb, or both.
- Export your iBook as a pdf. Ask your neighbors if you don’t know how to do it, but basically you hit print and chose the PDF option. Don’t really print it please!!
- Share your complete iBook with two other people from your class that are sitting at another table. Enjoy looking at them.
- Students will download this Keynote. They will open it up and be sure to turn on the “presenter notes” feature. Students know how to do this already. Students will need placards to answer the questions. Students should answer all the questions for each slide in the Keynote itself.
- Share answers with the rest of the class.
- Finish up the Industrialist Report Card if you are not done yet.
- Ask your wonderful substitute to play this grammar video again One of you may need to plug in your laptop to the big screen for her
- Students should share with the class their assignment from last night: Write five sentences that have restrictive phrases and clauses (no comma) and five sentences that have nonrestrictive phrases and clauses (the get a sentence)
- Students should now complete pp. 7-8 from their Write Source Skills Book.
- Once everybody is complete, students will switch papers and listen to the teacher as she reads out the correct sentences from the teacher edition of the book.
- Students will mark the errors they find as it is being corrected.
- Return the corrected version to the student.
- Start this industrialism is assignment. Should be good fun. Please share with others in the class if you finish it before class ends.
Homework: No homework on the weekend!!