I am off to the EARCOS teacher conference where I will be co-presenting with Mr. Lambert. Check it out here.
Be good while I am gone, but try not to celebrate my absence.
There will be no vocabulary this week. ;-)
- Work on your NHD project.
- See your group, topic and presentation format here
- The first day you will work on getting to know your group and planning how you will complete your project.
- NHD Resources
- Homework: Work on your NHD planning guide
- 8:00-8:55 To Kill A Mockingbird Time
- Pass out book. Please record name and number. Email to me
- Review the process of using literature circles to discuss and analyze this book. This webpage has all the details.
- Read and discuss the five different roles
- Discuss the workflow
- Review who will be in which group
- Review chapter and role assignments
- Watch the video about how to do a lit circle at the bottom of the web page. If it is blank, a student may need to login to view it.
- Start reading the book.
- 9:00-9:45 Work with your NHD groups. Use all the resources above.
- Homework: Read chapters 1-3 in TKAM. Work on your NHD project
- Work on your TKAM lit circle responsibilities. Be sure to use your teams Concordiapad.
- If time allows, start the lit circle process. The whole class sits together on the floor and the discussion director for each group leads the discussion for his/her respective chapter. The entire class participates in the group literature circle.
- Work with your NHD groups. Use all the resources above.
- Homework: Read chapters 4-7 in TKAM. Work on your NHD project
- SSAT testing the entire time. Read TKAM if you have free time or finish the test early.
- Homework: No homework! Have an awesome spring break.