Read the story Rules of the Game by Amy Tan. You will find it on pp. 262-272 of the Prentice Hall reader.
- The mother and daughter clash over their views, but in many ways they are similar. How are they the same?
- What sort of clashes do teenagers have today with their parents? Are they similar to the ones in the story?
- Have you ever asked your parent(s) a question just to see if they will become angry? Tell us about it.
Post the following questions and answers on your blog. Be sure to add a photo that represents the story to the blog post. You know, something like a chess piece. I bet some of you will be more clever than that though. Gettyimages.com has some of the best photos.
- P. 272 answer questions 1, 5, 6, 8.
- P. 273 answer questions 3, 4, 6, 7