Poetry Is Fun!
Now that you have had the wonderful opportunity to analyze some poetry, you surely must be aching to write a poem yourself! Now is your big chance. Write a poem that meets the following criteria:
- Needs to be at least 20 lines long
- Have multiple line breaks at appropriate times
- Include a minimum of five different literary techniques (see below)
- Have this document filled out in its entirety, and then emailed to me.
- Posted on your blog in written form
- Recorded (by you or someone else) and posted on your blog
Sound like fun? Here are some more suggestions
- Here is what we brainstormed as a class about World War One
- Possible use music or sounds of war in the background as you read your poem. That is up to you though; it is an artistic decisions. If you find some good websites with free background sounds, please email me the link so I can stick it on my delicious account.
- Watch (or re-watch) these videos about WW1 for inspiration
- Make good use of use of these literary techniques:
- Line breaks