Dear Grade Eight Students,
Every year, the eight grade students set their photographic skills on the task of making a set of posters for the charity auction in the spring. Every year, there is a bidding war to bring home the grade 8 posters, which brings in a lot of money for students of the Yunnan Education Project and for programs and equipment to benefit Concordia students (the green screen studios, bean bag chairs, and outdoor play equipment, for instance).
Your assignment: Submit two photographs for each of the following categories:
- Year of the Dragon (decorations (big and small), fireworks, etc.)
- Urban China (skyscrapers, crowds, streets, skateboarding, cars, subways, etc…)
- Rural China (farms, produce, livestock, landscape, etc.)
Where to put your pictures:
- Full size, full resolution, vertical orientation pics should be uploaded to the network folder.
- If you want credit for the pic, you must change the file name:
firstname_lastname-1, firstname_lastname-2, etc.
- Follow these instructions to upload your pictures to the server: How to add auction photos to the server
Keep in mind:
- As you travel, please take high quality, high resolution photos. High resolution means at least 5 megapixels (more than most camera phones, so plan ahead an use your own or a borrowed camera).
- These must have a portrait/vertical orientation, not horizontal. That’s this ↑↓, not this ↔.
- These should be shots that you make, not just random snaps. Take your time to find the best shot, the most interesting angle. Take your time so that your shots are crisp and richly colored.
- This is a Social Studies assignment that will be Tuesday, February 14
Have fun with this! Enjoy the opportunity to capture your Chinese New Year experiences, no matter where you are.
Below are a couple of great ones from previous years to inspire you