Audio Cuts (L and J)
Audio cuts are very subtle yet really helpful for your story. An audio cut is when we hear the sound before the scene begins OR after it begins.
There are two different types of audio cuts: The L cut and the J cut.
- L cut you see and hear matches then carries over to the next scene
- J cut you hear what is going on before you see it
Steps To Success
- Shoot four different scenes that you can use to show audio cuts
- Use an L cut for two of them
- Use a J cut for the other two
- Make sure they are very different so they are very interesting
- Keep them short. Like 10 seconds each.
- Edit each of the cuts into one movie and title each separate cut
- Export the video to your desktop
- Name the movie as follows: Your First name, Last Name, Assignment Name (Missing Person Video).
- Upload the video to Google Classroom
- See here for help.