#4 Grab Student Attention With Stylistic Lesson Designs
We spend lots of time making our classroom look warm and appealing. We might share student work, add a variety of colors and divide the room into unique learning spaces.
We can do the same in the virtual world and, thankfully, there are a variety of tools that help a non-artist like me, able to create something that looks great and is fun to both build and view.
- Explore the tools in the resource section and how they can help you to build interesting and appealing lessons for your online content.
- In 250 words or more reflect on the tools you explored and how they can improve the look of your class and start page.
Bitmoji is a super fun way to create a caricature of yourself for the classroom. It’s an extremely versatile tool that lets us all communicate a range of emotions such as humor, warmth and caring.
Bitmoji Ideas and Samples
- Bitmojis for your students: How to create and share them (Start here if you are new to Bitjmojis)
- How to Create a Virtual Bitmoji Classroom in Google Slides or PowerPoint
- 33 Awesome Ideas to Take Your Virtual Bitmoji Classrooms to the Next Level
- Be the Coolest Teacher Around (Bitmoji in the Classroom)
- 15 Awesome Virtual Bitmoji Classroom Ideas
- Tutorial on How to Make a Bitmoji Classroom (Video)
- Quickstart Written Version to Building a Bitmoji Classroom
- Google Slides Template
- Bitmojis in the Physical Classroom
Canva brings a wealth of resources and tips for building great graphics and designs. With many suggested templates, Canva lets you customize the look until it meets your needs.
- Short Video Overview
- Canva for Education
- Zoom Backgrounds in Canva
- Note educators can apply for a free pro version