Cutaway shots literally cut away to another scene and then back. For example: “OMG that train is going to run you over.” You then cut to the scene of a train coming, then back to the actor with a scared look on their face.
Cutaways work well with B roll. Something we will work on in iMovie certification
Steps To Success
- Learn how to use iMovie’s cutaway feature
- Shoot two different scenes that you can use to show cutaways
- Make sure they are very different so they are very interesting
- Keep them short. Like 10 seconds each.
- Edit each of the cuts into one movie and title each separate cut
- Add transitions, audio, music, etc. as you want
- Be creative!
- Export the video to your desktop
- Name the movie as follows: Your First name, Last Name, Assignment Name
- Upload the video to Google Classroom
- See here for help.