Horror Film Shorts: What ideas will you borrow?
A film is made up of a huge variety of pieces.
Watch these films and see what pieces you find interesting and worth “borrowing” in your own films.
- Story: Is there a beginning, middle, end, conflict?
- Cinematography: What choices did they make for angles, cuts, shot types, colors, lighting, etc?
- Acting: How did the actors perform? Believable?
- Set Design: What choices did they make for how the location looked?
- Sound Design: In addition to music, what sounds did they add to make the story better and more believable?
- Costumes: What clothes and colors were chosen to help the story?