Independent Film Project
You have done a lot of work and learned a lot of skills this semester
You now understand the powers of:
- Different camera angles
- Cuts in film
- Sound layering
- Pre and post-production
Create a 2-3 minute film using a genre and story that you create. Consider using one of the following genres:
- Scary movie
- Music video
- Chase scene
- Public service announcement
- Movie trailer
- Other ideas you have approved by your teacher.
Prop: A school ID card
Line: “You should have told me that earlier.”
Steps to Success
- Spend some serious time on storyboards
- Think about what cuts and camera angles you want to use
- Think about what each angle or cut is trying to communicate
- Shoot way more footage than you need
- Shot list. Sample here.
Take this survey so we can figure out your preferences.