Create a three minutes or less horror film that will scare and entertain your audience.
Scary Film Formula
- Show a beautiful, happy place
- Convert it to a scary, unhappy place
- Filters, sounds, etc.
- Find a main actor who wants to go to the scary place
- Find a friend(s) who does not want to go
- Find a reason to go to the scary place
- Have someone say don’t go to that scary place
- Make random things move in the scary place
- Have a monster take friend(s) away
- The main character escapes
Steps to success
- Planning and storyboarding
- Camera angles, cut types, movement (dolly shots)
- Tilt up, tilt down
- Push in
- Pull back
- Side shot
- Tracking shot (person walking, you move along with them)
- Always shoot MORE film than you will need.
- For example, if someone in your group has a different idea, shoot it. Why not?
- Edit the film
- Choose final cuts
- Sound design around the film
- Sound effects
Horror Film Story Board