May 6, 2020
The Great ISB Platform Video Game Contest
Build a platform runner game with the following elements. Final versions (with your permission) will be placed into a judging contest for all MS students. They will play and rank your game. How cool!
- A startup level/scene. Where you introduce the game.
- A theme: Star wars, cookies, fast food, whatever!
- At least three different types of obstacles with consequences such as
- Return to beginning or go back 50% (your choice)
- Character dies
- Change size
- Or any ideas of your own
- Sounds (required)
- Music playing in game
- Hit power up
- Hit obstacle
- Other sounds of your own
- Score system
- Score moves between levels
- High score at end
- Three different power ups such as
- Size, color, score, speed, shoot, etc.
- Ideas of your own.
Optional Challenges. Can you make this happen?
- High score table
- Other great ideas you have
- Character moves backward
- Character is animated
- Lava is animated using something like particle effects
- Find all of Mr. Boll’s video tutorial here.
- Want to really push your game development? Check out Jamie Cross’ GameSalad tutorial page. Note, most of them are done using an older version, but you should be able to figure it out.
- Please give your response on FlipGrid here: https://flipgrid.com/bfdaabba
Always feel free to contact me: