Platform runners are a popular and fun game. They are also a blast to code as your creative ideas are easily placed in a game of your design.
The Great ISB Platform Video Game Contest
Build a platform runner game with the following elements. Final versions (with your permission) will be placed into a judging contest for all MS students. They will play and rank your game. How cool!
- A startup level/scene. Where you introduce the game.
- A theme: Star wars, cookies, fast food, whatever!
- At least three different types of obstacles with consequences such as
- Return to beginning or go back 50% (your choice)
- Character dies
- Change size
- Or any ideas of your own
- Sounds (required)
- Music playing in game
- Hit power up
- Hit obstacle
- Other sounds of your own
- Score system
- Score moves between levels
- High score at end
- Three different power ups such as
- Size, color, score, speed, shoot, etc.
- Ideas of your own.
Optional Challenges. Can you make this happen?
- High score table
- Other great ideas you have
- Character moves backward
- Character is animated
- Lava is animated using something like particle effects