Building Layers of Sound
Sound may be the most important part of any film. It controls people’s emotions and their overall “feel” for the movie.
Having strong sound will make your audience very happy and you, hopefully, very famous.
Steps To Success
- Watch the opening chase scene for Baby Driver
- Pay attention to the awesome sounds you hear.
- Download this version of that same scene, but with no sounds
- Import the film clip into iMovie
- Add multiple, different layers of sound
- Music to create the mood for the audience
- Real life sounds to improve the experience for the audience
- Car passing by
- Police sirens
- Fast cars
- Car braking
- Car screeching and turning corners
- People screaming?
- Total amount you need to fill is 30-60 seconds. The clip is 60 seconds long.
- Export the film and upload to Google Classroom.
Watch a sample of the one I did here.